Additional Qualification - Kaufmann International Certificate
The Kaufmann International Certificate
The "Kaufmann International Certificate" is a three-week business English course with a curriculum based on the German Kaufmann vocational training, including field trips to companies and Irish cultural topics. Successful completion of this course leads to the award of the certificate certified and awarded by the German-Irish Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
As Europe prepares for a post-Brexit future, Ireland will remain as the only English-speaking country within the EU and has therefore come to the fore, particularly in terms of English-language vocational training. In addition, Erasmus+ is ready to promote the programme in Dublin.
The aim of the "Kaufmann International Certificate" is not only to improve the language skills of the participants, but also to create awareness with regard to the socio-cultural and professional environment. This includes the following objectives:
- Improvement of English skills and special focus on Business English.
- Optimisation of intercultural skills
- Introduction to the local working environment and Dublin as Europe's technology centre
- Preparing participants for employment in an English-speaking country
- Insights into Irish business in the areas of economics, management, enterprise and marketing
- Developing business communication strategies to be able to explain solutions, problems and ideas
Topics covered in class range from:
- Intercultural Business Environment
- European & Irish Law
The topics are rounded off with excursions to companies. A tour of Dublin, two company visits and a Dublin Docklands tour are included. The companies to be visited depend entirely on the target group.
The final examination has three stages, consisting of an oral examination, a written paper and a final examination.
The programme is tailored to different business training courses, including:
- Foreign trade
- Real Estate
- Human Resources
- Tax consultancy
This programme is aimed at trainees with two entry levels: CEFRL B2 or higher and trainees with CEFRL B1 to B2 level.
- The German-Irish Chamber of Commerce and Industry works closely with its partner schools to ensure successful and high quality training. Therefore, we put together tailor-made curricula that match the educational level of the participants and challenge and encourage them.
- Native English speakers as teachers: We guarantee that all lessons are taught by highly qualified native speakers.
- We provide access to all course materials needed for teaching.
- Annual checks with our partner university ensure that our quality standards are maintained.
Included in the package are:
- 3-week language course
- Certificate and company visits
The school also offers free use of:
- support services
- extensive learning environment
Additional costs are:
- Transport costs within the city
- Pocket money
Erasmus+ also offers funding for this course. These cover approximately 80% of the costs. Please contact your vocational school for more information.
The registration deadline is two months before the course starts.
Registrations can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.