Legal Services

The German-Irish Chamber can provide access to local representation as well as legal and taxation information from local specialists with up-to-date knowledge and expertise.

Legal advisory services in Dublin

Our Chamber offers a comprehensive legal advisory service in conjunction with our member firms who specialize in a wide range of legal and taxation areas. We act as a liaison between our clients and the relevant advisors, providing a convenient 'one-stop shop' for our members and their queries. The service is provided in either English or German as preferred.

Our services:

Legal advice

Company formation The Chamber can assist you in all aspects of the formation and setup of your company in Germany and Ireland, completed in as little as 3 weeks, from choosing the right legal form for you, to registering your company and meeting all tax and legal requirements. (for further info see Company Formation)
Contract of employment

Would you like to draw up an employment contract for your new employee? We will advise you which minimum requirements the contract is subject to, which notice periods you must observe and what the minimum wage and minimum working hours are. In both Germany and Ireland the average maximum number of working hours per week is 48, however the rates of minimum wage differ. In Germany minimum wage is €9.35, while in Ireland the minimum for any worker over 20 years old is €10.10. Furthermore, sector specific minimum wages exist in both countries, with the min. wage for construction workers in Germany being for example €12.55. In Ireland however, these sectoral wages are no longer legally binding on employers following a recent decision of the Irish High Court (Náisiúnta Leictreach Contraitheoir Eireann -v- The Labour Court).  

Although EU directives have harmonised many areas of European labour law, there are still many differences between Germany and Ireland. We draw your attention to these.
Commercial agent contract If you appoint an Irish commercial agent it should be considered which law applies. It should be borne in mind that although the EC Directive on Commercial Agents has been fully implemented in Ireland, it has not been fully harmonised with German law. We explain the main differences between German and Irish commercial agency law. We can tell you which notice period applies and whether the commercial agent is entitled to compensation. You can also obtain from us a bilingual commercial agency contract under German law, which could form the basis for negotiation between you and your new business partner.
Fees Our services are provided on a fee basis. If you submit your question by e-mail, we will send you a quotation immediately. If we cannot help you, we will name suitable member firms.

Certificates of Registration and Credit reports

Certificates of Registration

Copies of the Certificates of Registration for Irish Ltds and Plcs can be requested from the Companies Registration Office.

The Certificate of Registration contains the following information:

  • Registered office (necessary for launching any litigation against another company)
  • The directors and authorised representatives of the company
  • End of year accounting sheet
  • The name of the administrator tasked with the winding-up of the company in case of an insolvency
  • Notice of dissolution of the company

Credit Reports

The German-Irish Chamber can obtain credit reports for you. They can be obtained from all corporate entreprises (ltd or plc) with an office in Ireland. Credit reports are in English and contain a summary and evaluation of the official credit information of the company. The following details are also included:

  • Classification of different risk factors
  • Details of monthly credit conditions
  • Benchmark of company results with branch average
  • Number of employees
  • Bank details


Work permits

Citzens from Non-EU States require a Visa when travelling to Ireland. More information on this can be obtained from your respective national consulate or Embassy.

Should an employer wish to employ a Non-EU citizen in Ireland, they must first show proof of search for potential employees from EU member state countries. If this search is unsuccessful, the position may be offered to a Non-EU citizen.

Before commencing employment in Ireland, employees from Non-EU States are required to posess a valid work permit, which is issued from the Department of Enterprise (Section: Trade and Employment). Work Visas are also necessary and they are supplied from your respective Embassy in conjunction with the the Department of Justice.

The 'Van-der-Elst-Visum' provides another possibility for employees to work in Ireland for a short period of time. This can be obtained from your respective consulates or embassies in your home country or in Ireland.

The DEInternational Offer

We would be delighted to inform and advise you on the new conditions for work permits. Furthermore we can provide you with assistance in dealing with official organizations and finding suitable contact people.


Unique Shops Magazine Limited

“DEinternational supported our business in Ireland by helping us with company formation, our business name and registration for tax and address. DEinternational allowed for our business to be incorporated in a smooth and time-efficient manner and your position as Company Secretary has always made us feel well-informed.”